Parish Renewal and Growth
Parish Renewal and Growth
Get involved in this energizing initiative
Parish Renewal and Growth Initiative History
At the Annual General Assembly in May 2016, the Parish Renewal and Growth initiative was introduced. Over the previous few months the Parish Pastoral Council had decided to "rethink how we do church." The decision was made to change from a maintenance parish to a missionary parish.
A Steering Committee was put in place with the goal of launching the initiative in September. And this deadline was met with the launch taking place the weekend of September 10/11, 2016.
Love God. Love Others. Reach Out. Build Disciples. This is the new Mission Statement for Mary, Mother of the Church.
Under Love God comes prayer, liturgy, and worship. Under Love Others comes fellowshipo, community, charity, healing, social justice, and welcoming. Reach Out includes evangelization, dialogue, witnessing, inviting, and gathering to discover Christ. Build Disciples focuses on faith formation, spiritual renewal, equipping parishioners to do ministyr and serve, leadership formation and small groups.
Getting Started and Continuing
The two major thrusts to bring the Mission Statement and the Parish Renewal and Growth initiative into being are the Prayer Ministry and the Evangelization Ministry. These will be followed by Hospitality and Sunday Experience. The rest of the initiative steps will follow.
- The following two theme prayers, one used with permission from Dynamic Catholic and the other created by a parishioner, were chosen to assist parishioners in praying for the ongoing success of this initiative and our collective spiritual growth (long and short).
- Check them out and pray them along with us.
- The song that resonated with our initiative, providing a great message and energy is - Go Make a Difference!
- Save this to your favorites and sing along with it too!
Parish Website and Logo
Introducing a new, vibrant parish website and Mary logo were vital to the initiative.
Key Priorities for Winter/Spring 2017
- Evangelization/Faith Formation:
- Small Group Studies
- Resisting Happiness book - during Lent.
- Creating awesome Sunday church experiences, such as friendly, warm welcomes and inviting coffee gatherings after Masses, upbeat music, meaningful homilies, simple registration process and helpful welcome packages.
- New audio/visual equipment
- Welcome and Information Centre
- Revitalizing the Youth programs
- Initiating a Marriage and Family Support Centre
- Website updates so that the information remains current.
Available Files to Download
To download, right-click the file and select "Save link as".