Why do we need to pray ?
- The development of our Prayer Ministry is directed to seek out the guidance of the Holy Spirit as the Catholic Church is called to evangelize.
- There have been many Popes now who have desired that the peoples of our modern and highly secular world reach out to Jesus Christ as a viable and enriching part of their lives.
- It is with prayer that we can call upon the many graces of God in order to fulfill the success in this evangelization of the Catholic Church at large, and in our own parish here at Mary, Mother of the Church.
- The formation of a Prayer Ministry functions as an important element to this success.
Please consider coming to join our Prayer Group in praying for the success of the Catholic Church renewal.
The Prayer Group
- Meets to pray for one hour every other week from 7-8 pm.
- The Prayer group resumes this year on Monday October 2nd 2017. Hope to see you there!
- Saying the Rosary and hearing a clip from Dynamic Catholic's Matthew Kelly, are just some of the things we do during our time together.
- We are pleased that we currantly have two individuals who have come forward to operate our prepared power point and we thank them in this regard. If there are still others who would like to help, please contact the number or email below.Thanks
Contact Lorraine Bremault at 204-261-8020 or email.
- The following are comments from past gatherings:
"I loved the music selection, the video, the candles."
"Loved the ending in particular, with the 3 minute retreat." Nov., 21st
"I'm finding these prayer times very spiritual and comforting." Dec.4th. and Feb. 27, 2017.
"Liked saying the rosary." "It gave me time to think and meditate." Jan. 30, 2017
"It's good to see more and more people attending." March 27, 2017
"I thought the songs were just beautiful." April 24, 2017
"I thought that it was well presented, not too long, just right" May8th
"Liked the opportunity to come together for our various prayer intentions."May8th
"The different/sequence of prayer-singing- Etc. is fantastic. "May8th
"Just being here and praying." "Enjoy Mattew Kelly", said three people on May8th 2017.
In recognition that the Catholic Church has recognized the Apparitions of Mary in Fatima in 1917 and Her request to pray for peace, we would like to ask our parishionners the following:
While this being the 100th Anniversary year of Fatima, we would like to invite all parishioners to take the opportunity during your day to say the rosary.
For some who may ask what is the rosary?
- Pope Pius said this, "That the Rosary is the compendium of the entire gospel"
- In a sense the Rosary is a comtemplation of the life or face of Jesus.
- Although the prayers of the rosary are Marian, the devotion is very Christocentric and nourishes our interior and spiritual life in a way non-meditative prayer does not.
- The catechism of the Catholic Church states that we worship Jesus alone, while we honor Mary because she said yes when asked to be the mother of our Redeemer.
- In short the rosary offers a glimpse in the life of Christ that encapsulates the mystery of the incarnation, the person of Christ, and the beautiful relationship that has been built between our God and His creation.
Available Files to Download
To download, right-click the file and select "Save link as".
Prayer Grp Gathering Resumes Mon, Oct 2
Monday, October 2, 2017
Mary Mother of the Church