- Welcome to all who are interested in seeking Christ through the Catholic Church.
- You have given much thought to beginning this search to put Christ in your life and we are here to help.
- Becoming a Catholic is a joyful process.
- Through the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation, a person becomes a full member of the Catholic Church.
- The beliefs and teachings of the Catholic Church have remained consistent throughout centuries.
- The profound experience you will undertake is based on the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA).
- A sponsor will accompany you on this journey.
- RCIA is a faith journey available to any adult who is not baptized, baptized in another Christian denomination, or baptized Catholic who for whateer reason did not attend religious education classes and has not received all the sacraments of initiation.
Beliefs and Teachings of the Catholic Church
- We believe in one God, the Father, who created us through his love.
- His love is given to us without reservation and is never taken away.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus became man and walked amongst us.
- We believe in the communion of saints, who are there to guide us with their help.
- We believe in the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus.
- We believe through his crucifixion that the doors of heaven are open to us.
- We may sin, but the Church believes in our human dignity and God's forgiveness.
- We believe God's love is reflected in his creation of the earth. We respect the earth and its creatures.
- We believe we are caretakers of what God has given us.
- Sharing our time, talents and wealth with others is our responsibility.