Thanks to all parishioners placing gift card orders!
We raised $4200 in profit, that will be put towards continued technology expenses (such as the ceiling mounted projector in the hall) and program costs (such as the vibrant youth program).
The gift cards are ready for pick-up at the Nov 17 & 18 Masses (or in the office after that, or future weekend Masses until Dec 1/2).
Fundraising Goal: $10,000 Profit
(target average $400 sales per family)
Purpose - to help fund costs required to achieve MMOC vision of moving our parish from a maintenance-based church to a missionary parish. Costs such as:
- Welcoming & Hospitality Ministry - Newcomer welcome packages and luncheons, Info Center Resources, after Mass coffee & refreshment costs etc.
- Music Ministry - Overhead licensing costs, set up, instruments, etc.
Fundraiser - buy Superstore/Sobeys cards for your own use and sell additional cards to family, friends, or businesses (for employee gifts).
- Order forms will be available in October 21, 28 and November 3 bulletins, in foyer or on website, and
- Must be returned by November 10/11 Masses, with CHEQUES only, payable to Mary, Mother of the Church (no cash accepted)
- Cards can be picked up then at Masses December 1/2
Details - WIN/WIN!
- Cards are sold at face value so purchasers get what they paid and use this amount at the card’s store. Thus zero cost!
- Our parish receives a percentage of the amount sold. The more sold, the higher the percentage received.
- Cards are sold in $25, $50 and $100 denominations.
Question & Answers
Q - What happens if I won't be at Nov 10/11 Mass to return the form?
A - Please return the weekend before at Mass (preferred), or by Nov 9 to the office.
Q - What happens if purchaser does not have a cheque and wants to pay by cash?
A - Unfortunately, we cannot accept anything other than cheques.
Q - Who completes the Paid and Received columns on order form?
A - The seller completes these fields. A MMOC rep will sign off beside the bottom total row (shaded cells).
Q - Can the gift cards be redeemed anywhere in Canada?
A - Yes, in Canada
Q - What stores can the gift cards be redeemed at?
A - Superstore includes: Superstore, Independent Grocers, Dominion Stores, Fortinos, Valu-mart, Zehrs, Loblaws, Extra Foods, No Frills, Wholesale Club, Provigo, Maxi
Sobeys includes:Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Garden Market IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods and Price Chopper locations across Canada. (Please note, these gift cards are not accepted at Marketplace IGA locations in B.C.)
For more information, contact Shawnda Muir.