Why do we need to pray ?
- The development of our Prayer Ministry is directed to seek out the guidance of the Holy Spirit as the Catholic Church is called to evangelize.
- There have been many Popes now who have desired that the peoples of our modern and highly secular world reach out to Jesus Christ as a viable and enriching part of their lives.
- It is with prayer that we can call upon the many graces of God in order to fulfill the success in this evangelization of the Catholic Church at large, and in our own parish here at Mary, Mother of the Church.
- This Ministry works toward being personally connected with Our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Prayer Group was formed as an element of The Prayer Ministry.
The Prayer Group:
- Prays for the success of The Renewal of the Catholic Church which works towards it's members being more prayerfully connected with the person of Christ.
- Meets to pray for one hour every other week from 7-8 pm.
- Saying the Rosary and hearing a clip from Dynamic Catholic's Matthew Kelly, are just some of the things we do during our time together.
- We are pleased that we currantly have two individuals who have come forward to operate our prepared power point and we thank them in this regard. If there are still others who would like to help, please contact the number or email below.Thanks
Contact Lorraine Bremault at 204-261-8020 or email.
What is the rosary and why do we say it?
St. John Paul II said these beautiful words in his apostolic letter on The Rosary;
The Rosary,though clearly Marion in Character, is at the heart a Christicentric prayer...With the Rosary, the Christian people sits at the school of Mary and is led to comtemplate the beauty on the face of Christ and experience the depth of his love.
- Give yourself peace while praying for peace in so many aspects. Pray the Rosary regularly starting off slowly, and with time it will give you comfort from the hectic and noisy world we live in.
- Mary herself of course asked us to pray the Rosary for peace. Her words continue to be relevant.
Prayer Grp. Mon. for 1 hr. every other week.
Monday, January 22, 2018 & other dates