Praying The Rosary
What is the rosary?
- Pope Pius said this, "That The Rosary is the compendium of the entire gospel"
- In a sense, The Rosary is a comtemplation of the life or face of Jesus with Mary.
- Although the prayers of The Rosary are Marian, the devotion is very Christocentric and nourishes our interior and spiritual life in a way non-meditative prayer does not.
- The Catechism of the Catholic Church(CCC) states that we worship Jesus, while we honor Mary because she is the mother of our Redeemer.
- The CCC states Mary is our mother in order of grace. This motherhood of Mary in order of grace continues uninterruptedly from the her consent at The Annunciation and to which she sustainted without wavering under the cross.Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office, but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation.
- In short, the rosary offers a glimpse in the life of Christ that encapsulates the mystery of the incarnation, the person of Christ, and the beautiful relationship that has been built between our God and His creation.
The MYSTERIES of the ROSARY:
Monday & Saturday
- The Annunciation of the Lord to Mary
- The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth
- The Nativity of our Lord Jesus Christ
- The Presentation of our Lord
- Finding Jesus in the Temple at age 12
Tuesday & Friday
- The Agony of Jesus in the Garden
- The Scourging at the Pillar
- Jesus is Crowned with Thorns
- Jesus Carried the Cross
- The Crucifixion of our Lord
Wednesday & Sunday
- The Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- The Ascension of Jesus to Heaven
- The Descent of the Holy Ghost
- The Assumption of Mary into Heaven
- Mary is Crowned as Queen of Heaven and Earth
- The Baptism in the Jordan
- The Wedding at Cana
- The Proclamation of the Kingdom
- The Transfiguration
- The Institution of the Eucharist