- This small group of men and women, married and single, meet monthly from September to June at Mary, Mother of the Church parish. The meetings are at 2.00 p.m on the fourth Sunday of each month.
- The purpose is ongoing spiritual development focusing on St. Francis and Franciscan spirituality with topics like prayer, charity, peace, social justice, integrity of creation, the environment and love of all creatures.
- The group which started 38 years ago in the parish is part of a worldwide organization of over a million members today, founded by St. Francis of Assisi 600 years ago and is open to all adult practicing Catholics.
- Visitors are always welcome at the meetings.
- The group has also been fortunate to have a Franciscan spiritual assistant, Brother Joe Glaab, who participates in the meetings whenever possible via Skype or by phone. On January 31st, we were very fortunate to have a beautiful workshop with Fr. Joe who travelled in from his home parish in Richmond, B.C. He presented talks and thoughts on St. Francis.
- We are happy to announce that the regular monthly meetings will now recommence. The next get-together of the group will take place on Sunday, September 27th 2020 at 2.00 p.m. in the large meeting room at the church. Meantime we continue to pray individually in our homes for our brothers and sisters worldwide who are affected by the current crisis either physically, mentally, spiritually or financially.
- Happily some new people were welcomed into the group recently, and a Profession and a Rite of Admission took place during the time when Fr. Joe was in Winnipeg. The group continues to study the book "St. Francis of Assisi, Passion and Poverty, how he transformed the Catholic Church", with a reading at each gathering. Normally the meeting consists of prayer time, spiritual development discussion time and some time for business to discuss the ministries etc. The meeting lasts no more than 2 hours.
For more information contact:
Kate Klassen 204-222 0987
or Bernadette McCann, 204 474 0320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org