- This small group of men and women, married and single, meet monthly from September to June at Mary, Mother of the Church parish. The meetings are at 2.00 p.m on the fourth Sunday of each month.
- The purpose is ongoing spiritual development focusing on St. Francis and Franciscan spirituality with topics like prayer, charity, peace, social justice, integrity of creation, the environment and love of all creatures.
- The group which started 38 years ago in the parish is part of a worldwide organization of over a million members today, founded by St. Francis 600 years ago and is open to all adult practicing Catholics.
- Visitors are always welcome at the meetings.
- The group has also been fortunate to have a Franciscan spiritual assistant, Brother Joe Glaab, who participates in the meetings whenever possible via Skype or by phone. We are happy to announce that Fr. Joe will be travelling to Winnipeg from his home parish in Richmond, B.C. on the 30th January 2020. He will provide a Day of Reflection on Friday January 31st. Everyone is invited to this presentation. A detailed schedule will be available later. This presentation will take place at Mary Mother of the Church, in the large meeting room (Fr. Saulnier Room).
- The next get- together of the group is Sunday, January 26th, 2020 at 2.00 p.m. Happily some new people were welcomed into the group recently, and a Profession and a Rite of Admission will take place during the Time of Reflection in January. The group continues to study the book "St. Francis of Assisi, Passion and Poverty, how he transformed the Catholic Church", with a reading at each gathering. Normally the meeting consists of prayer time, spiritual development discussion time and some time for business to discuss the ministries etc. The meeting lasts no more than 2 hours.
For more information contact:
Kate Klassen 204-222 0987
or Bernadette McCann, 204 474 0320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org