- This small group of men and women, married and single, meet monthly from September to June at Mary, Mother of the Church parish. The meetings are at 2.00 p.m on the fourth Sunday of each month.
- The purpose is ongoing spiritual development focusing on St. Francis and Franciscan spirituality with topics like prayer, charity, peace, social justice, integrity of creation, the environment and love of all creatures.
- The group which started 37 years ago in the parish is part of a worldwide organization of over a million members today, founded by St. Francis 600 years ago and is open to all adult practicing Catholics.
- Visitors are always welcome at the meetings.
- The group has also been fortunate to have a spiritual assistant, Brother Joe Glaab, who participated in the meetings when ever possible via Skype. This is becoming a little more difficult as Br. Joe is now ordained and is in full time ministery.
- The next get- together of the group is Sunday, March 24th, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. Happily some new people were welcomed into the group recently. The group will be studying the book St. Francis of Assisi, Passion and Poverty, how he transformed the Catholic Church. Normally the meetings consists of prayer time, spiritual development discussion time and some time for business to discuss the ministries etc. The meeting lasts no more than 2 hours.
For more information contact:
Kathy Klassen 204-222 0987
or Bernadette McCann, 204 474 0320 or email [email protected]